Washington Report Ep 19: America’s labour force goes on strike and millions of workers quit their jobs
Synopsis: Every week, The Straits Times analyses the latest developments in the United States.
Steve Okun, senior advisor of McLarty Associates sits in for ST’s Nirmal Ghosh who is on leave, to chat with Money FM 89.3’s Elliott Danker and Bharati Jagdish about the following points:
1. Workers behind the scenes in Hollywood going on strike (1:51)
2. Production houses such as Netflix, Disney, Comcast, have gotten bigger profits during the pandemic (3:15)
3. The way ahead for the change in America’s labour dynamic (5:12)
4. America’s jobless benefits one of the reasons for high unemployment numbers (6:57)
5. 200 Boeing employees protest against vaccination mandate (8:41)
Produced by: The Breakfast Huddle, Money FM 89.3, Ernest Luis & Fa’izah Sani
Edited by: Dan Koh
Subscribe to our Asian Insider Podcast channel to follow our various shows each week and rate us on your favourite audio apps:
Apple Podcasts: https://str.sg/JWa8
Google Podcasts: https://str.sg/Ju4h
SPH Awedio app: https://www.awedio.sg/
Feedback to: [email protected]
Read Nirmal Ghosh’s stories.
Asian Insider newsletter.
Discover more ST podcast series:
Green Pulse Podcast: https://str.sg/JWaf
Health Check Podcast: https://str.sg/JWaN
ST Sports Talk Podcast: https://str.sg/JWRE
Life Weekend Picks Podcast: https://str.sg/JWa2
#PopVultures Podcast: https://str.sg/JWad
Bookmark This! Podcast: https://str.sg/JWas
Lunch With Sumiko Podcast: https://str.sg/J6hQ
Discover BT Podcasts: https://bt.sg/pcPL
Follow our shows then, if you like short, practical podcasts!
Want more insights into fast-changing Asia from our network of correspondents? Get this article in your inbox by signing up here.
Source: Read Full Article