Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson accuser sent gushing emails after show appearance: report

Inconsistencies have emerged in the sexual harassment allegations made by a former Fox News guest against prime-time hosts Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson, according to a report.

Emails show that Cathy Areu, who sued the cable network and the hosts earlier this week, sent two gushing messages thanking Hannity and his staff after an alleged incident that she claims in court papers left her “completely mortified” and “incredibly uncomfortable,” Mediaite reported.

“Thanks so much for having me on. Way too much fun,” Areu reportedly wrote at 10:37 p.m. on March 8, 2018, following an appearance on “Hannity.”

In another email sent at 6:39 a.m. the following day, Mediaite said, Areu attached a photo of a drink and wrote “Please thank Sean for a fun evening. He shouldn’t have!…but We did exactly as he and Alex’s had bet. Down to the pineapple martini.”

That email apparently referenced an alleged incident in which Areu claims Hannity “threw $100 on the set desk” and “began calling out to the men in the room and demanding that someone take Ms. Areu out on a date for drinks at Del Friscos,” Mediaite said.

The “Alex” mentioned in the email appears to be a friend who Areu brought to the set after sending a Hannity staffer an email that described him as “my good luck charm,” Mediaite said.

“He does yoga. Very calming. I run. I’m nuts,” she reportedly added.

In addition, Mediaite pointed to Areu’s claim that Carlson allegedly propositioned her following her “final 2018 appearance” on his show and as he prepared to leave for “for the annual Christmas party.”

Fox News’ 2018 Christmas party took place on Dec. 10 of that year, but Areu didn’t appear on Carlson’s show that night, Mediaite said.

Instead, she appeared on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” on Nov. 30, 2018, and again on Dec. 28, 2018, although the show had a guest host that night, Mediaite said.

In a statement issued on behalf of Fox News, Hannity, Carlson and host Howard Kurtz, who’s named in the suit, the company said that it hired an outside law firm to investigate Areu’s allegations and found them to be “false, patently frivolous and utterly devoid of any merit.”

Areu’s lawyer, Michael Willemin, downplayed the importance of her emails following her appearance on “Hannity,” saying, “The fact that a woman states a nice thing to a man does not mean that that man didn’t sexually harass her or engage in sexual misconduct against her.”

“Harvey Weinstein is in jail right now because a jury found he sexually assaulted women, and they said nice things about him,” he added.

Willemin also said Areu had been mistaken in her recollection that the alleged incident involving Carlson took place in December 2018, as claimed in her suit, and said it actually occurred on Nov. 30, 2018.

Willemin said the party Carlson left to attend wasn’t the Fox News annual Christmas party, but a smaller gathering for Carlson’s staff.

Areu is a co-plaintiff with former Fox News employee Jennifer Eckhart, whose sexual misconduct allegations against Fox News anchor Ed Henry led to his July 1 firing.

In the Manhattan federal court suit, Eckhart alleges that Henry — who’s also named as a defendant — “preyed upon, manipulated and groomed” her into a relationship that led to her “violent, painful rape” in a Manhattan hotel room in 2017.

Henry’s lawyer has called Eckhart’s claims “fictional” and said she “initiated and completely encouraged a consensual relationship” with him.

Share this article:

Source: Read Full Article