Queen ‘doesn’t want to overwhelm’ Prince Philip with Harry and Meghan interview

Senior royals are trying not to “overwhelm” Prince Philip with the fallout from the Prince Harry and Meghan Markle interview, it is claimed.

The Duke of Edinburgh, 99, left the private King Edward VII’s Hospital in central London in the back of a black BMW on Tuesday morning, March 16.

Philip, who was initially admitted on February 16, had been recovering from a heart procedure carried out earlier this month.

While he was being cared for, CBS broadcast the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey.

In it, Meghan claimed that a senior royal had raised concerns about how dark Archie’s skin might be.

Harry also told the US TV host that he was financially cut off in the first quarter of 2020, and claimed that dad Prince Charles had stopped taking his calls.

An insider claims the royals have since tried to shield Philip from the allegations.

A source told US Weekly: “He obviously knows about Harry and Meghan’s interview, but the Queen, [Prince] Charles and [Prince] William are trying to avoid overwhelming him with their problems so are keeping their conversations with him about the aftermath light.

“While the Queen has been busy working, she says it’s nice to have her husband back.”

The Daily Star has approached Buckingham Palace for comment.

Philip had been treated for heart problems in the past.

In 2011, he was rushed to hospital by helicopter from Sandringham after suffering chest pains as the Royal Family was preparing for Christmas.

He was treated for a blocked coronary artery at Papworth Hospital in Cambridgeshire and underwent a minimally invasive procedure of coronary stenting.

His grandson William became the first royal to publicly comment on Harry and Meghan’s interview, insisting the royals were "very much not a racist family".

He and Charles spoke with Harry after it was aired, according to US journalist Gayle King – a friend of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Oprah.

However, she said the talks were “unproductive”.

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

After days of silence, the Queen released a short statement reading: “The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan.

“The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. While some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately.

“Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much-loved family members.”

Source: Read Full Article