Puppy rescued after 34 hours stuck down 22ft mountain crevice

A puppy spent 34 hours stuck down a mountain crevice after falling 22ft on a walk.

A normal dog walk turned into a nightmare for owner Leah Davies who feared the worst for her disappearing spaniel on Tuesday afternoon.

Little Reggie somehow survived the massive drop and the wait to be pulled to safety at Llwynypia Mountain in the Clydach forest in Wales.

Leah called out the Fire and Rescue service but after assessing the situation they said they were unable to retrieve the pet.

Heartbroken, but defiant, Leah took to social media in the hope someone in the area had the necessary tools to save 11-month-old Reggie.

Incredibly heroes stepped up and Leah was reunited with her "little warrior" who was in remarkably "good spirits" despite his ordeal.

South Wales Fire and Rescue Service was called to the scene shortly before 3pm on Tuesday and used specialist equipment including canine lights and cameras to assess the situation.

Firefighters were unable to rescue Reggie, prompting his owner Leah Davies to appeal for help on Facebook. Two employees from a local drainage company, Drainforce, spotted her post and arrived on the scene to assist.

A friend of the owner later confirmed that Reggie was saved shortly before 1am on Thursday morning from a depth of 8.4 metres after fire and rescue and mountain rescue teams had left.

  • Brit doctor killed by stray bullet while lying in bed in freak accident on US holiday

After the rescue, Ms Davies shared the news on Facebook and thanked rescue teams for their efforts.

She wrote: "Reggie is in good spirits, the vet has no concerns for him, he really is a true little warrior.

"The love, support and help from everyone I can't thank you all enough, we are overwhelmed!

"A massive thanks to Drainforce Harry Booton (and) Neil Wilson."

She also thanked a local chip shop for "fuelling all the rescue teams", and added: "We got there in the end."

For more incredible stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here

On Thursday, the South & Mid Wales Cave Rescue Team wrote on Facebook: "Our team worked with South Wales Fire and Rescue Service on Tuesday and Wednesday late into the nights, in an attempt to dig, squeeze and “fish” poor Reggie out.

"Early this morning, after our team had gone home to rest, Reggie was finally fished out by the skilled team at Drainforce Ltd using their drain survey camera.

"The site still needs to be made safe to prevent any more dogs from unexpectedly dropping in, and we have a lot of muddy kit to clean and be ready for the next rescue."

Source: Read Full Article