Man, 22, stabbed to death outside Tesco had ‘left house to buy orange juice’

A mum of a young man who was fatally stabbed outside a Tesco has paid tribute to her "perfect" son.

Sven Badzak, 22, had popped out to their local shop on Willesden Lane in Kilburn, north-west London, to grab some orange juice when he and another male – believed to be in his teens – were stabbed on Saturday, February 6.

Badzak died at the scene with his shopping bag next to him and the other victim is in hospital with critical injuries.

Heartbroken mum Jasna Badzak told MyLondon he was one of the “nicest of the nice kids.”

She said: “He was the most polite boy you could possibly imagine. The perfect manners, he spoke the perfect Queen’s English.

“His headmaster was always on his side. Sven was just that kind of guy. He was beloved by everybody.

“He always asked people how their day was, how their family is, if he could do something for them.

“If we passed ambulances in the car he’d make us stop and ask if I could help as I was a doctor.”

They lived together on Harrow Road in Maida Vale.

Jasna had gone to medical school when she was 16.

She said: “I worked hard to give the best life for Sven.”

Sven was a private school student, who went to the prestigious Weatherby School.

He went from there to Portland Place and then onto Roehampton University.

He had ambitions to become a lawyer and had recently been looking into career prospects.

Jasna added: “In the morning he had gone out to do some jobs with his dad but forgot orange juice. I gave him my card and he left.

  • Boy, 3, with extremely rare condition could be hospitalised just for going to the park

“He went to Waitrose on Queens Way, I can see from my card. The office said the Waitrose bag was next to him.”

As it was getting late, Jasna started to get really worried about him.

She said: “At around 8.30 I called him and called him. I thought maybe he’s playing football or something. I texted him to say please call me please call me.

“I went for a quick shower and then the police turned up at my door. They told me he died.”

She added: “He was a child. My child. My only child.”

  • Tigers kill zookeeper and other animals in bloody rampage with area locked down

A spokesperson for the Met Police said: “Police were called at around 5.40pm on Saturday, February 6 to a stabbing incident in Willesden Lane, NW6.

“Officers attended along with London Ambulance Service and found two males suffering stab injuries.

“One of the males – aged in his 20s – was pronounced dead at the scene. His next of kin have been informed."

They added: “A second male – believed to be aged in his teens – was taken to hospital. His condition has been assessed as critical.

“There has been no arrest at this early stage. An urgent investigation is underway to establish the full circumstances.”

Source: Read Full Article