Gable Tostee to continue to look for love despite date calling police

Gable Tostee vows to continue to look for love on Tinder despite his most recent date calling police fearing for her safety – three years after he was acquitted of murder

  • Gable Tostee’s Tinder date phoned police fearing for her safety on December 31 
  • Now known as Eric Thomas, he was acquitted over Warriena Wright’s 2014 death 
  • Mr Thomas said his date on New Year’s Eve had found out about his acquittal 
  • But reflecting on his experience he said he was undeterred in his search for love
  • ‘If you’re in a car accident does that mean you never drive again?’ he said

Tinder playboy Gable Tostee has vowed to continue his search for love on the dating app undeterred despite a recent date calling police in fear of her safety. 

Police were called to a home in Logan, south-east Queensland on New Year’s Eve after a 28-year-old woman he met on Tinder found out he had previously been acquitted of murder.

Tostee – now known as Eric Thomas – was acquitted three years ago of both murder and manslaughter after his Tinder date Warriena Wright plummeted to her death from his 14th-storey Gold Coast apartment in 2014.

Mr Thomas was removed from a home in Yarrabilba in Logan’s south-east after meeting his recent Tinder date, and said his date told him words to the effect of ‘I’ve done some reading on you and you’ve got me on edge’.

No charges have been laid over the incident, and Mr Thomas said he was determined to remain in the dating game.

‘If you’re involved in a serious car accident does that mean you never drive again?’ he told 9News. 

‘The police themselves said “you’re not in trouble – you haven’t committed anything”.

‘I just think it’s bizarre. Nobody has acted that way before.’ 

Mr Thomas said the conversation about his past had come up earlier in the evening, but while the woman was surprised they had then fallen asleep together. 

He described the incident as a ‘bizarre’ misunderstanding. 

Tinder playboy Gable Tostee has vowed to continue his search for love on the dating app undeterred despite a recent date calling police in fear of her safety after finding out he was acquitted three years ago of the murder and manslaughter of his Tinder date Warriena Wright (Mr Tostee pictured with Ms Wright)

‘If you’re involved in a serious car accident does that mean you never drive again?’ Mr Thomas (pictured) said

‘She never asked me to leave or anything … I was literally woken up when the police walked in and she said to me something like “I’ve done some reading on you and you’ve got me on edge”,’ Mr Thomas told The Courier-Mail.

Mr Thomas said the fact she called police was bizarre because the unnamed woman didn’t signal at any point previously she didn’t want to be with him.

‘She’d heard of the story [about his trial and acquittal] … I think she was surprised for a second but we just kept talking and fell asleep on the couch together,’ he said. 

Police were called to a home in south-east Queensland about 4.15am on New Year’s Eve after a 28-year-old woman Mr Thomas (pictured) met on Tinder found out about his acquittal

It comes after Mr Thomas threatened legal action against a feminist Facebook group warning other women to steer clear of him.

Mr Thomas claimed he was the victim of a hate/harassment campaign by social media group Mad F***ing Witches, which posted screenshots from his Tinder profile and warned social media followers in November.  

Mr Thomas said he considered it a hate/harassment campaign on ABC Radio Melbourne’s Mornings program.  

Mr Thomas (pictured with Warriena Wright on August 8, 2014 just hours before she fell to her death) said the fact the woman called police was bizarre because the unnamed woman didn’t signal at any point previously she didn’t want to be with him 

‘I was acquitted in a court of law and they don’t know the facts,’ Mr Thomas told listeners.

‘Ethically I should not be obliged to tell people I did nothing wrong.’

Mr Tostee changed his name to Eric Thomas and moved to New Zealand in 2016 with a partner, before moving back to the Gold Coast.

Mr Thomas is no stranger to controversy following his highly publicised trial and has shared several provocative posts to his social media accounts since. 

In a Facebook post last year Mr Thomas wrote: ‘The best cure for feminism is a good root,’ accompanied by a photo of a raised middle finger.

The backlash he received on social media failed to deter him, as he went on to make more controversial posts.

It comes after Mr Thomas threatened legal action against a feminist Facebook group warning other women to steer clear of him 

He has has also referred to his murder acquittal in an online post, saying: ‘the only thing I murder is p***y’.

He also recently took to social media to accuse girls of sexually objectifing themselves.

‘Why do so many girls sexually objectify themselves by posting a ton of half naked pics then complain when they get treated like sexual objects? That’s like wearing a clown suit and complaining that nobody takes you seriously,’ Mr Thomas posted on Facebook.

Mr Thomas claimed he was the victim of a hate/harassment campaign by social media group Mad F***ing Witches 

 

Source: Read Full Article