Hero Army vet was shielding kids when struck by stray bullet in NYC
Diana Richardson’s hypocrisy shows how Andrew Cuomo may survive his scandals
Letters to the Editor — July 15, 2021
Accused 16-year-old Times Square shooter won’t be tried as a juvenile, judge rules
Cops released surveillance images of a suspect and vehicle believed to be connected to the fatal shooting of a 13-year-old boy in the Bronx this week.
Jaryan “Jay Ripp” Elliot was gunned down on East 187th Street near Prospect Avenue in Belmont around 3:15 p.m. Sunday, cops said.
Cops released a surveillance image late Wednesday of a suspect they say is connected to the slaying, pointing a firearm as he stood behind a dark Honda Accord with three orange stripes on the hood.
The vehicle was last seen headed eastbound on East 187th Street and then turning left onto Southern Boulevard.
Friends told The Post that Elliot wanted to leave the Crips in the days before he was killed.
Elliot was killed in retaliation for the death of Tyquill Daugherty, 19, who was shot in the head in front of his home in Crotona at 11:35 p.m. July 7, police sources said.
Elliot — who just graduated from middle school — was at the scene when Daugherty was shot, although he is not believed to have pulled the trigger, sources said.
Several hours after Elliot was shot, revenge for his murder was taken on 16-year-old Ramon Gil-Medrano, who was gunned down by two males on scooters a little over a mile away in Mount Hope, sources said.
Gil-Medrano, who was affiliated with the 800 YGz, or “Young Gunnaz,’’ gang, had been at the scene of the 13-year-old’s slaying, although it is not clear if he was responsible for the killing, sources said.
A borough cop this week described the gun violence in the borough as part of “a major gang war.”
Share this article:
Source: Read Full Article