A mum's sudden death on a night out has left her heartbroken family mystified.
Jessica Gibson, 31, collapsed in a city centre flat after accidentally overdosing on heroin and cocaine, an inquest has found.
But the discovery of heroin in Jessica's system has shocked and confused her loved ones, who have no idea where she got it from, the Liverpool Echo reports.
The Gibson family from Banbridge in County Down, Northern Ireland, were on holiday in Blackpool in July, when Jessica told her parents, Andy and Jennifer that she was going to meet pals in Liverpool.
After collapsing, Jessica was rushed to the Royal Liverpool Hospital where she died in the early hours of July 9.
Her parents, both retired prison officers, told the Echo there was never any sign that Jessica had taken heroin in the past and a court heard there was no evidence she was "drug dependent".
Jennifer Gibson, who travelled back to Liverpool for an inquest into her daughter's death at Gerard Majella Courthouse today, said she had no idea how the mum-of-one had got hold of heroin.
She told the ECHO: "She did like to have a drink I can't lie about that, but I could not believe heroin. Nobody seems to know where she got it.
"We have asked the police about who gave it to her but they don't know."
Prince George 'really misses' Prince Harry after pair became 'close', expert claims
Remembering their daughter, Mrs Gibson said: "She was beautiful, she was stunning, she really was.
"She was generous, generous to a fault even.
Mr Gibson said: "She was really outgoing, she was funny and she was very confident and compassionate."
The inquest heard a post-mortem exam was carried out which found no signs of injury.
However toxicology reports found alcohol and a high level of heroin in her bloodstream, which Andre Rebello, senior coroner for Liverpool and Wirral, said would have been near fatal for a tolerant user.
For more incredible stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.
She also had a high level of cocaine in her system which could have played a role in her death.
The medical cause of death was given as heroin and cocaine toxicity.
Mr Rebello said: "I understand Jessica had taken some drugs in the past but this was normally cocaine, not heroin.
"She was not a tolerant user, therefore if this level would have been fatal or near fatal for a tolerant user this level would suffice to explain Jessica's death."
Mr Rebello also told the court there was no evidence of injury or anything to suggest "drugs had been forced on her".
Source: Read Full Article