SIMON Cowell's fans were left shocked when the music mogul underwent surgery following a horror crash.
The Britain's Got Talent judge, 61, suffered a broken back in the accident and will need a long time to recover.
What happened to Simon Cowell?
Simon is lucky not to be paralysed after breaking his back in three places in a fall from his electric bike.
He missed injuring his spinal cord by a centimetre.
Simon fell and broke his back after trying out a powerful new electric bike — and accidentally pulling a wheelie.
His son Eric, six, and partner Lauren Silverman’s teenage son Adam watched in horror as Simon fell backwards and smashed down on to a concrete floor at his Los Angeles home.
The Sun has revealed Simon Cowell will be out of action for up to six months after back surgery complications.
The BGT judge is on high-strength drugs to ease the pain and needs a full-time nurse.
He will not return to the UK until spring and has been too unwell to record a video message for the BGT live final.
He is walking in his garden and doing pool exercises to improve mobility.
A pal said last night: “It’s been a rough few weeks.
“Simon’s a fighter and fairly gung-ho. Naturally, he thought he’d be out of action for a few weeks and then, if not doing iron man contests, at least be back on the showbiz circuit.
“Instead, he’s had a setback from surgery to fuse two vertebrae and it has proven more complicated than a standard break.”
Timeline of Simon Cowell's accident
- On August 10, 2020 Simon had to undergo six hours of surgery following the horror crash.
- He was taken to Providence Saint John’s hospital in Santa Monica, a short drive from his £18million beachside property in Malibu.
- Doctors had to insert a metal rod in his spine after breaking three vertebrae.
- August 11, 2020 Simon faces a long stay in hospital — scuppering his plans to star in the live launch of the latest series of America’s Got Talent.
- Doctors told the TV mogul he was “very lucky” not to have suffered paralysing injuries.
- On August 12, 2020 it was revealed that Simon won't work for weeks and will undergo intense physiotherapy to help him recover.
- August 13, 2020 Simon thanks Kelly Clarkson for covering for him on America's Got Talent.
- August 21, 2020 It is reported that Simon will miss the BGT finals.
- August 22, 2020 Simon's co-judge on America's Got Talent. Howie Mandel, gives him a tricycle as a get well present.
- August 23, 2020 Ashley Banjo will replace Simon on the BGT finals.
- August 24, 2020 Simon is seen for the first time since his horror accident.
- August 28, 2020 Simon continues to recover from the accident at home while son Eric goes surfing with mum Lauren Silverman
- On October 9, The Sun revealed Simon Cowell will be out of action for up to six months after back surgery complications. He's on high-strength drugs to ease the pain and needs a full-time nurse.
What has Simon Cowell said about his accident?
After his surgery Simon broke his silence on his horrific accident.
He wrote on Twitter: " Some good advice…
"If you buy an electric trail bike, read the manual before you ride it for the first time.
"I have broken part of my back. Thank you to everyone for your kind messages.."
Source: Read Full Article