Asan N’Jie will stay on screen for six weeks before Emmerdale bosses remove him

Sacked Emmerdale actor Asan N'Jie will remain on screen for another six weeks before bosses remove his character from the soap.

Sources on the soap say it would be “virtually impossible” to remove his character Ellis Chapman from the forthcoming storylines without having to cancel episodes as he has central parts in some of them including a romance.

So they have taken to decision to air them on ITV as normal following his apology and will then move the soap on and write him out of the show in a storyline currently being prepared.

A show source told Mirror.co.uk : “Asan will still appear in the episodes he has recorded which will air for the next six weeks or so.


“There have been some meetings to decide what to do and this seems the most sensible option. We regularly have to rewrite scenes due to cast sickness and so it is not as unusual as it sounds to be suddenly re-writing storylines.

“By next week we will be filming scenes which will help write out Ellis and explain his absence from the show for good.”

Emmerdale star Asan was sacked from the soap after his “unacceptable behaviour” at the TV Choice Awards where he threatened to stab Hollyoaks actor Jamie Lomas.


The pair clashed at the glitzy London event on Monday night and in the row Asan yelled: “I’m going to f**king kill you. I’m going to f**king knife you.”

The actor was called in by Emmerdale bosses and asked to explain his action but was sacked at the end of the meeting on Wednesday.

ITV said in a statement: “Emmerdale suspended Asan N’Jie yesterday pending further investigation into an incident at a central London hotel on Monday night.

“ITV executives have met with him this morning and as a consequence Asan’s contract has been terminated with immediate effect.”

Asan said in a statement that he wanted “to learn” from his actions.

“My behaviour at the TV Choice Awards was completely unacceptable and very much out of character,” he said.

“I sincerely apologise to everybody who has been affected especially Jamie Lomas, the whole Emmerdale team, our audience, ITV, my family, and the organisers of the TV Choice Awards.

“I am devastated, accept full responsibility for my actions and I am determined to learn from this.”


Asan, who had been nominated for the best newcomer gong at the awards, was ejected from the event by security staff following the incident where he swore and threw punches at Jamie Lomas.

He first joined Emmerdale in September 2018 and was nominated for his award for a storyline in which his character Ellis Chapman was stabbed, but lost out to EastEnders’ Kara-Leah Fernandes.

Lots of famous faces have had their say on the awards scrap, including daytime TV host Lorraine Kelly.


Source: Read Full Article