Arlene Phillips dealt crushing blow as I’m A Celebrity returns to screens

I’m A Celeb: Arlene Phillips and Kadeena take on trial

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! contestants are returning to Gwrych Castle on Tuesday’s night after they were forced to evacuate when Storm Arwen battered the UK. Ahead of their return to camp, the bookies have updated their odds on who will be crowned this year’s winner. While Coronation Street’s Simon Gregson is still the favourite to become King of the Castle, the same can’t be said for Dame Arlene Phillips who has been dealt a huge blow. 

According to the latest figures from William Hill, king of the cobbles Simon resumes the favourite to with this year’s I’m A Celebrity. 

Football ace David Ginola, former Saturdays singer Frankie Bridge and DJ Snoochie Shy are among the likeliest contenders to win the show.

However, 78-year-old Strictly Come Dancing star Arlene’s odds of winning are at a disappointing 100-1. 

Her odds of Waltzing back across the drawbridge first are placed a 5-4. 

The 11 celebrities were evacuated from their Welsh castle after Storm Arwen wreaked havoc across the country. 

The ITV show had to be taken off air for the first time in its 18-year history after the production base was damaged by the storm on Friday night. 

Simon, 47, who has played Steve McDonald on Coronation Street for the past 32 years, made a late entrance to the show but made up for lost time as he flew to pole position in the betting, as the 21-10 favourite. 

Football icon David follows as the 11-4 favourite, with singer turned Loose Women panellist Frankie, who will return to camp with fresh laundry, having been permitted to do so during the blackout, has a 4-1 shot for a North Wales Coronation this Autumn.

BBC Radio 1Xtra’s Snoochie has been backed in from a pre-series 16-1 to a price that puts the 29-year-old DJ among the serious contenders at 6-1.

With fans still largely undecided over EastEnders’ Ian Beale icon Adam Woodyatt, he has lingered at 15-2, and with former Emmerdale star Danny Miller having gone from being the favourite to 17-2, fans are as cold as the weather.

And it remains to be seen whether producers will be able to cajole dancing Queen turned 100-1 chance Arlene from the sumptuous confines of a warm hotel room, and back into a cold castle, and on a diet of rice and beans.

The showbiz legend Arlene is the favourite to be eliminated next, while homesick music producer DJ Naughty Boy is at 16-1. 


DON’T MISS…
Guy Martin hit out at ‘sanitised’ health and safety rules: ‘Not PC’ [LATEST]
I’m A Celebrity’s Louise Minchin first to leave as new data unveiled? [UPDATE]
Ant and Dec ‘so bored’ in Wales as they await I’m A Celebrity return [INSIGHT]

Former host of BBC Breakfast, Louise Minchin odds of winning are at 20-1.

British athlete Kadeena Cox is a 7-2 second favourite to be the first celebrity back across the drawbridge, with Olympian Matty Lee 9-2 to head home first. 

At 13-2, Naughty can also count himself among the likely contenders for an early bath.

With regards to Bushtucker trials, Naughty is a 6-4 favourite to face the most during his castle stint, closely followed by 2-1 Danny and 5-1 Snoochie.

Former campmate presenter Richard Madeley is out of the running when it was announced he quit the show last week. 

The Good Morning Britain host had a medical emergency last week and was rushed to hospital, but the star has since confirmed his exit and assured fans he is “fine”. 

In a statement, he said: “By leaving the camp, I had consequently broken the Covid ‘bubble’ and as such, I’ve had to leave the castle and all the wonderful celebs that remain in the camp.”

I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! continues on ITV on Tuesday at 9pm.

Source: Read Full Article