Tube ‘fare dodger’ slaps and kicks station worker in shocking CCTV footage

Shocking footage of the moment a suspected fare dodger assaulted a station worker has been released by British Transport Police today.

The sickening attack was launched after the boy was confronted after he allegedly forced his way through ticket barriers at Bounds Green Tube station in north London.

CCTV shows the blue tracksuit-clad male slap the worker in the face and land a kick in his stomach.

A brave woman in a beige cloak can be seen to rush forwards and intervene in the struggle.

Another boy, who was travelling with the suspect, then tried to pull him off the victim.

BTP said the second boy is not a suspect but want to speak to him as a witness.

  • Thug said he'd blow up girlfriend's house if she exposed vile domestic abuse

In a statement, it said: "British Transport Police are today releasing CCTV footage after a member of rail staff was attacked at Bounds Green station on the London Underground.

"The incident happened at 9.30pm on Thursday June 27.

"The victim was assaulted after challenging a boy wearing a blue hooded top, who allegedly forced his way through the ticket barriers without a ticket.

"The victim was slapped in the face and kicked in the stomach during the struggle.

  • Ballerina kicks cop 'in balls after being told she's too drunk to board flight'

"A second boy, who was wearing grey and was with the suspect, intervened in the attack.

"He is not being treated as a suspect.

"Officers would like to speak to him to gain his witness account.

"BTP originally released images of the two boys in August; however neither has been identified.

"Anyone who knows them is asked to contact BTP by texting 61016 or by calling 0800 40 50 40 and quoting reference 648 of 27/06/19.

"Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555 111."

Source: Read Full Article

Alesha MacPhail killer Aaron Campbell has ‘sick cult of female followers’

Alesha MacPhail’s twisted killer Aaron Campbell reportedly has a cult of female followers who are writing to him in jail.

The 17-year-old was caged for a minimum of 27 years for the rape and murder of tragic Alesha, six, on the Isle of Bute in Scotland last summer.

He snatched the child from her grandparents’ home as she slept on July 2 last year before sexually assaulting her and inflicting 117 injuries.

Campbell now has a gang of followers who appeared at court for is trial, and are even offering to make him “a better person” over mail.

Alesha’s great-grandad George Lochrane, 76, told The Sun: “There are obviously some crazy people out there.

"It’s like they are trying to stir it up.

"I think the police should be investigating because it’s just not right and very upsetting to hear.”

A source inside Polmont young offenders’ institution added: “He has quite a few admirers who send him letters in jail.

"They tell him they can help him be a better person, help him change.

“Sending him letters is bad enough, but to go to court in the hope of seeing him is disgusting.

“Four or five young women were there to watch that beast on a TV screen. They should be ashamed.”

After his sentencing, Campbell claimed the prison term was "excessive" at a hearing at the Court of Criminal Appeal in Edinburgh.

Earlier this month, three top judges ruled that the minimum term he should serve before being eligible for parole will be slashed by three years to 24.

During a nine-day trial, Campbell insisted he would "never do something like that" when questioned about Alesha's murder.

But he told a court psychologist how he was "quite satisfied" with the murder – and had to "zip his mouth" to stop himself laughing during the trial.

During the sentencing appeal, disturbing details emerged – including Campbell telling a forensic psychologist that he continued to fantasise about paedophilia and necrophilia.

Information published in the judgment included details from an interview Campbell did with psychologist Dr Macpherson.

It said: "He reported that he continued to experience thoughts of killing and having sex with children and having sex with dead bodies.

"He wished to point out that he was not fantasising about this, but 'acting on his thoughts'.

"In the deceased's home, 'once I realised she was a child, I started having thoughts about raping her, about killing her'."

"He said: 'Four questions – murder, rape, necrophilia and paedophilia. All I thought about was killing her once I saw her'.

"He appeared irritated by the medical evidence that the child was alive at the time of the sexual assault as this would not have fulfilled his desire for necrophilia."

A Scottish Prison Service spokeswoman told Daily Star Online: "We do not comment on individual prisoners."

Police Scotland have been approached for comment.

Source: Read Full Article

Rangers hero calls for Celtic to ban ‘wee p**ck’ after Fernando Ricksen taunt

Rangers hero Nacho Novo has urged Celtic to ban the "wee p**ck" who taunted ex-Gers star Fernando Ricksen over his illness.

The yob said Ricksen, battling motor neurone disease, should "hurry up and die ya b**tard" on social media.

It led pal Novo to launch a furious tirade and call on the Hoops to ban him.

He said: "I’m absolutely disgusted that wee p**ck can speak about someone who can’t defend himself.

  • Rangers boss Steven Gerrard stuns ex-Arsenal star with touching shirt gesture

"I hope the media put this comment in the papers because when a comment was said to Scott Brown about his sister it was front page news so I hope Celtic do the same with that wee b**tard and ban him for life.

“We don’t want any favours from anybody but we just want justice.”

The message from the supporter taunting Ricksen read: "Fernando Ricksen's a goner soon canny f***ing wait, hurry up and die ya b**tard".

Novo was referring to an incident in which Bhoys captain Brown was asked "how's your sister" by a Gers fan as he left Ibrox following Celtic's 2-0 win over Rangers earlier this month.

  • Scott Brown thanks Celtic and Rangers fans for support after sick sister taunt

Brown's sister, Fiona, tragically died of cancer in 2008.

A boy, 15, has been arrested in connection with the incident and banned from Ibrox.

Following the incident, Brown thanked supporters from Celtic and Rangers for their support.

He said: "It’s hard and it’s sad but it’s there. It shouldn’t be happening.

  • Iranian football fan 'blue girl' dies setting herself on fire after ground ban

"I play football to win and in the 90 minutes you can shout and swear as much as you want when I’m on the park.

"But do not go into detail off the park like that. For me that’s it finished with – it’s about me focusing on playing football and continuing to win games."

The midfielder added: "The fans from both sides have been phenomenal.

"But it’s not just the one incident. It’s happened over the past 12 years of my career. That's easy, social media.

  • Lionel Messi stuns Celtic cancer survivor John Hartson with touching gesture

"Anyone can write what they want. Someone sitting in the house that has probably never played sport thinks they will drink a bottle of vodka and then go and write something online. It's easy enough done.

"You are always going to get a bit of stick. For me it's about how you bounce back. You block those people out, you focus on your football and you go out there and prove everyone wrong.

"People can just shout and say what they want and think it's appropriate but for me it's just about getting over that and focus on playing football again."

Source: Read Full Article

First pics of ‘fun-loving’ Brit boy, 12, killed after being knocked off bike

The heartbroken family of a schoolboy who was killed after being knocked off his bike have paid tribute to their "sensitive, smiley, fun loving soul".

12-year-old Cole Roper, from Cefn Forest in Wales, died on Saturday night when he and a friend, who were riding the same bike, collided with a blue Vauxhall Astra.

The crash happened on the A4049 between the South Wales villages of Aberbargoed and Pengam at around 9.30pm, leaving the other boy in hospital too.

The second lad was later released from hospital following treatment for his injuries, but Cole sadly died.

As the first pictures of Cole were released today, his family paid tribute and said: "Our beautiful boy Cole, a sensitive, smiley, fun loving soul.

"A wonderful son, brother, grandson and friend to many.

"Words cannot describe how much he will be missed. Thank you from all of the family for the condolences shown at this time."

A spokesman for Gwent Police said: "The collision involved a blue Vauxhall Astra and bicycle. There were two boys on the bicycle, both aged 12 years old.

"One of the boys was initially taken to Prince Charles Hospital, Merthyr Tydfil.

"He was later transferred to the University Hospital Wales, Cardiff where, as a result of injuries sustained in the collision, he was sadly pronounced deceased.

"We can confirm his identity as 12-year-old Cole Roper."

Police said Cole's family were being supported by specialist officers.

There were no reported injuries to the driver of the car.

Source: Read Full Article

Policeman who downloaded porn while guarding dead kid’s body sacked

A Metropolitan Police officer jailed for using a grieving dad's TV to buy porn while waiting for an undertaker for his 14-year-old son has been sacked by the force.

Pc Avi Maharaj, 44, used the dad's TV account to download four adult clips while at the house in south London on February 11, 2018, after teenage Harry Miller killed himself at the address.

He was jailed for 12 months last week after pleading guilty to fraud by misrepresentation at an earlier hearing.

Scotland Yard said Maharaj was dismissed without notice on Monday following a misconduct hearing, when his actions were found to amount to gross misconduct.

Maharaj was supposed to be guarding the house and waiting for the undertaker to take the body away when he used the family's Virgin Media account to download pornography worth £25.96.

  • Woman found in shallow grave 'was strangled by boyfriend' in leafy Kew

He then falsified his attendance logs, claiming he left the property almost two hours earlier than he really did as part of a bid to cover up his actions.

Sentencing Maharaj at Southwark Crown Court on Thursday, Judge Deborah Taylor said: "All right-thinking people would be appalled by your gross lack of decency and respect in indulging yourself at all in those circumstances."

When Harry's grief-stricken dad was first been billed for the adult material, he thought it must have been his son who was responsible.

Rose Edwin, prosecuting Maharaj, said: “The father of the deceased believed his son had been downloading this material so he was very distressed.

“His last impression of his son was that he was downloading this material but then he subsequently discovered it wasn’t.”

  • Vigilante who killed paedophile found raping girl, 10, loses bid for parole

Edmund Gritt, defending, said Maharaj "wishes to make wholly shamed apologies to the Miller family".

“His conduct was abject," he added.

“What a little reassurance they may have is that without question his career as a police officer has ender.”

Paying tribute to his son, Harry’s dad said: “Harry was the most gifted, brilliant, loving big brother and son.

“He had strong political values and always wanted to stand up for the underdog.”

For confidential support call the Samaritans in the UK free on 116 123 or visit a local Samaritans branch

  • Crime

Source: Read Full Article

White Collar boxing leaves lass ‘half blind, brain-damaged and in coma’

An amateur boxer has said her “life is in tatters” after a bout left her critically ill in an induced coma.

Sarah McParland, 31, had a brain haemorrhage which resulted in a stroke after a punch to the head during a white collar boxing match.

Describing the fight at a four star London hotel, Sarah said: “I remember I was winning until the third round, then I became unwell.

“I was feeling dizzy and unable to react.

“I got hit on the left-hand side of my head.

“It was like being hit by a brick. It felt like nothing I’ve ever experienced.”

Sarah — who took up boxing in 2017 to keep fit — then collapsed in the changing room after the fight was stopped due to a cut above her eye.

Luckily for Sarah, a friend who was also a nurse was on hand and called for an ambulance.

“I walked back to the changing room feeling disorientated, then I collapsed,” Sarah said.

  • New mums starving themselves and taking diet pills to get pre-baby body back

"I can’t remember anything after that.”

Sarah was put in an induced coma and her family was told she might not make it.

“After the fight I had a haemorrhage bleed on the brain which resulted in a stroke,” she told the Sunday People.

“I needed a craniotomy [removal of part the skull] to remove the blood clot.

“I was in an induced coma for three days.

“My mum and brother travelled down to the hospital and the doctors told them if I’d been hit one more time that could have been it.

“Because my opponent was taller than me the punches were all coming down and hitting me around the same place on top of the head.

  • Security supervisor 'died screaming for help after being run over by work van'

“The result is now I’ve lost part of my vision on my right side and I always feel fatigued.

“I’ll also need another operation to repair a dent in my skull.”

Brighton and Sussex Hospital surgeons had drilled into Sarah’s skull to relieve the pressure on her brain.

She said: “When they woke me up I couldn’t remember what had happened.

“I was in bed covered in bandages and tubes and my hair had been shaved with staples in my head.

“Gradually my memory started to come back.

“My mum told me the doctors had said one more punch and I could have been dead. They told her they weren’t sure I’d come back.”

  • ‘Mum-to-be’, 23, went for 12-week scan only to be told 'baby' was cancer

Sarah used to work as a maths teacher in London, but since her brain in jury she hasn’t been able to return to work.

She has now moved back to Liverpool to be cared for by her mum.

The former fitness fanatic now wants to warn others that they “need to be wary of what they’re getting into”.

Discussing amateur boxing, she said: “It can be ­dangerous and needs to be ­properly regulated.

“I don’t blame my ­opponent, she was there for the sport just like me. I can’t return to the gym and I can’t return to the classroom at the moment.

“I’ve got a long recovery ahead of me. My life is in tatters but hopefully I will get it back.”

Source: Read Full Article

Driver dies after huge lorry crash closes M4 for rest of day

The driver of a lorry involved in a horror crash on the M4 Severn Bridge has died.

The bridge is still closed in both directions after the horror crash this morning.

Traffic camera pictures from the scene seem to show that a lorry careered off the motorway near the Welsh end of the bridge.

Gwent Police said they were responding to reports that a lorry had "driven down the embankment and onto land alongside the M4 westbound at the end of the bridge."

The lorry is believed to have hit the central reservation and then ended up off the road before plunging down a hill, where it came to a stop on its side.

The major road is closed in both directions as accident investigation work is carried out at the scene.

Gwent Police has urged motorists to avoid the area if they can. South Western Ambulance Service confirmed that one man was taken to hospital by air ambulance.

Police are warning rush hour drivers that the bridge is likely to remain closed for the rest of the day as engineers are assessing the damage.

Chief Inspector of Operational Support, Martyn Smith said: “Currently, the bridge is closed east and westbound while engineers assess the damage to the barriers and carry out emergency repair works.

“We anticipate the bridge will be closed by the Highways Agency for the remainder of the day.

"Highways England have confirmed that the westbound carriageway is expected to remain closed between Junction 21 and Junction 23 until at least 6am tomorrow morning. We are advising motorists to make alternative routes today.

“Officers are now investigating the circumstances of the collision and asking anyone with any information or anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has dash cam footage is urged to contact Gwent Police on 101 or Direct Message us on Facebook or Twitter, quoting log 129 04/09/19.”

Source: Read Full Article