Transfer news LIVE: Real Madrid target Lukaku, Neymar to miss out on Barcelona move and Gabriel Arsenal controversy – The Sun

ROMELU LUKAKU is on Real Madrid's radar as they look to replace Karim Benzema.

Man Utd hunt for a new winger continues after the club were warned off a bid for Ousmane Dembele.

Barcelona president Josep Bartomeu says Lionel Messi is going NOWHERE this summer and will end his career at the Nou Camp.

Cristiano Ronaldo has been linked with clubs such as PSG as reports claim he is no longer indispensable to Juventus.

And Arsenal could now lose out on top target Gabriel Magalhaes after Napoli reportedly offered the Lille defender a huge salary.

Follow ALL of the latest transfer gossip, news and updates below…

  • CHERRY PICKING

    Manchester United are lining up Bournemouth star David Brooks as an alternative to Jadon Sancho, reports claim.

    The Red Devils have been linked with the Borussia Dortmund winger all year and made him their No1 summer target.

    But having missed Dortmund's August 10 deadline to sew up a deal, the German side are playing hardball over their much-coveted asset.

    And with club chiefs Michael Zorc, Hans-Joachim Watzke and Sebastian Kehl having all ruled out any Sancho move, United appear to be looking elsewhere.

    According to Sport Witness, Brooks – who like Sancho came through Manchester City's academy – is a “serious” target for the Red Devils.

    They also state that things could move very quickly, as it would be a much easier deal to complete than for Sancho.

    Brooks, 23, missed the majority of the 2019-20 season with a nasty ankle injury, but did manage to return for the final nine games – getting on the scoresheet against former club City.

  • PUT A SOK IN IT

    Napoli are reportedly targeting Arsenal defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos.

    The two clubs are currently locked in a race to land Lille star Gabriel Magalhaes.

    But Italian journalist Alfredo Pedulla reports the Serie A side want TWO centre-backs and Sokratis is also on their list of targets.

    The Greek centre-back, who has one year left on his Arsenal contract, has been told that he is not in Mikel Arteta's plans for next season.

  • WHAT A MESS

    Lionel Messi is “seriously considering Barcelona future”, according to reports in Spain – and can leave for FREE next summer.

    The Argentine legend is out of contract at the Nou Camp in June 2021.

    Messi is claimed to have demanded a transfer THIS summer after his side's appalling 8-2 defeat against Bayern Munich.

    And the latest reports from Spain have only fuelled speculation of a 2020 exit further.

  • ART IN PARIS

    Paris Saint-Germain are eyeing up a move for Arturo Vidal – with Thomas Tuchel contacting the Barcelona star, according to reports.

    The Chilean midfielder, 33, was a bit-part player at the Nou Camp in 2019-20.

    Vidal played 33 times in all competitions, but mostly off the bench.

    And with Barcelona set for a monster overhaul this summer, Vidal – who is out of contract next summer – is set to be sold.

    PSG are hoping to take advantage of the Spanish side's fire-sale and land the former Bayern Munich star, according to Chilean outlet La Cuarta.

    However, they face competition from Inter Milan, who are set to continue their spending spree on Vidal.

  • KEEN FOR DEAN

    Exclusive by Daniel Cutts: Manchester United are ready to ramp up the fight for the No1 keeper slot by almost doubling Dean Henderson’s wages.

    Henderson, 23, is on the verge of signing a mega new four-year Old Trafford deal worth £100,000 a week.

    The England goalkeeper only signed a new £60k-a-week deal last year and is a clear sign Red Devils boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants him to battle David De Gea for the No1 spot.

    It also means United would be splashing out £575k a week just on their goalkeepers, with Spaniard De Gea earning £350k, Sergio Romero (£70k) and Lee Grant (£30k).

    Henderson had another standout campaign on loan at Sheffield United last season.

    And the Manchester United academy product’s representatives have been in talks with Old Trafford chiefs over the last few weeks.

    SunSport understands there had been interest in Henderson from Chelsea, but no official approach has been made.

  • ADAM AND LEAVE

    SunSport's Alan Nixon reveals that Bolton boss Ian Evatt is trying to sign his old pal Charlie Adam in an ambitious move.

    Midfield veteran Adam and Evatt were team mates at Blackpool in their Premier League heyday and they could work together again.

    Adam has been looking for a club since leaving Reading. The Scottish international has been training with Fleetwood but is now in talks with Wanderers.

  • CON-DEMBED

    Manchester United's hunt for a new winger goes on after the club were warned off a bid for Ousmane Dembele.

    Amid massive upheaval at Barcelona, the French forward has been named as a key young player for the club to build around.

    Blaugrana president Josep Maria Bartomeu, fresh from the exits of coach Quique Setien and sporting director Eric Abidal, reassured supporters on Tuesday evening that key players will not leave.

    And, despite mustering only nine appearances in an injury-ravaged campaign, £135.5million signing Dembele is considered indispensable at the Camp Nou.

    Bartomeu named the 23-year-old alongside Lionel Messi, Frenkie de Jong and Antoine Griezmann as “non-transferable”.

    He told Barca TV: “Messi is untouchable & non-transferable. He knows it, we all know it.

    “But there are various non-transferable players like [Marc-Andre] ter Stegen, [Clement] Lenglet, [Nelson] Semedo, De Jong, Griezmann, Dembele… players we are counting on in the future.”

  • DOUBLE TROUBLE

    Manchester United are reportedly lining up a double swoop for Douglas Costa AND Alex Sandro.

    CalcioMercato reports the Red Devils are considering a move for both the Juventus stars.

    And it could set Ole Gunnar Solskjaer back around £72million.

    Costa could be an alternative to Jadon Sancho as the transfer saga around the Borussia Dortmund ace rumbles on.

    The report states Juve are ready to cash in on Costa after he failed to hit the heights expected of him.

    United have also reportedly gone back in for 29-year-old Brazilian left-back Sandro as they look to strengthen their squad.

  • THREE'S A CROWD

    Antonio Conte is reportedly lining up a triple raid on the Premier League.

    The Inter Milan manager is eyeing up N'Golo Kante and Emerson Palmieri from old club Chelsea.

    And wants yet another Manchester United player in Chris Smalling.

    Gazetta reports the Italian boss believes Smalling has the experience needed to transform Inter into Serie A title contenders.

  • CAUGHT NAP-PING?

    Arsenal have agreed a £22million deal for Lille defender Gabriel Magalhaes BUT still face competition from Napoli for his signature, according to The Guardian.

    The Brazilian defender has been linked with a number of clubs in recent weeks but the Gunners have had an offer accepted.

    The 22-year-old is highly-rated and a Brazil Under-20 international and could fix Mikel Arteta's defensive woes.

  • YOU CAN CALL ME, AL

    Manchester United target David Alaba could join a Premier League side in the next two weeks.

    The Austria defender has rejected Bayern Munich's initial offer to extend his contract.

    And Sky Sports reports he could be on the move by the end of August.

    Neighbours Man City and Chelsea are also reportedly interested in the converted centre-back.

  • DAVID DE STAYER

    Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskajer has reportedly backed David De Gea as his No1 for next season.

    And the Norwegian boss will ship Dean Henderson out on loan again.

    De Gea's form has been under the microscope after a number of high-profile howlers, notably in the FA Cup semi-final against Chelsea.

    But The Mirror reports De Gea will be given at least another season as United's first-choice between the sticks.

    Henderson excelled on loan at Sheffield United and has been linked with a move to Chelsea, but his future remains uncertain for now, with Sergio Romero also set to remain at Old Trafford as No2.

  • PUT A SOK IN IT

    Arsenal's Sokratis Papastathopoulos is reportedly wanted by Napoli.

    Italian journalist Alfredo Pedulla reports the Serie A side want TWO centre-backs and Sokratis is on their list.

    The news comes despite the two clubs battling it out for Lille's Gabriel.

    Sokratis is not in Mikel Arteta's plans and has one year left on his Emirates contract.

  • BAK AND FORTH

    Tiemoue Bakayoko could be heading back to AC Milan from Chelsea.

    The midfielder returned to the Blues from a loan spell at old side Monaco earlier this year.

    Reports from MilanNews.It suggest personal terms with Milan have been agreed over a summer move but the price and type of deal are still up in the air.

    There is also talk of other clubs coming in for the 26-year-old – who spent 2018-19 on loan in Serie A.

    Champions League semi-finalists Lyon are interested and have made contact with Chelsea and Bakayoko's agent, according to Telefoot.

  • DEAN DEAL

    Sheffield United are reportedly preparing another loan offer for Manchester United keeper Dean Henderson.

    Henderson spent the 2019-20 season on loan with the Blades and impressed with his showings between the sticks.

    And despite having agreed a fee of £18.5million with relegated Bournemouth for shot-stopper Aaron Ramsdale, ESPN reports Sheffield United are weighing up submitting a loan offer.

    The report states talks are ongoing.

  • YOUNG GUN

    Arsenal have signed youngster George Lewis from Norwegian club Tromso IL.

    The 20-year-old winger will join the Under-23s squad ahead of next season.

    The Rwanda-born ace is said to have penned a two-year deal.

    And he is renowned for his pace and trickery in the wide areas.

    View this post on Instagram

    @lewigaba signerte proffkontrakt i dag 🔥🔥🔥

    A post shared byTUIL Tromsdalen fotball (@tuilfotball) on

  • DIOP IN THE OCEAN

    Manchester United have been boosted by the news West Ham are reportedly ready to sell Issa Diop.

    The Red Devils want a new centre-back and have been linked with a move for the 23-year-old Hammer.

    And Sky Sports reports David Moyes' side are ready to cash in on their French star.

    The report suggests the East London side are “willing to listen to offers of £45million”.

  • TREV YOUR ENGINES

    Chelsea prospect Trevoh Chalobah has signed a new deal at Stamford Bridge.

    But the 21-year-old is immediately off on loan again with a deal to join FC Lorient for next season.

    The defender-cum-midfielder will spend 2020-21 in Ligue 1 after playing at Huddersfield last year.

    He is the younger brother of former Chelsea ace Nathaniel Chalobah who now stars for Watford.

  • TAKE ZLAT

    Zlatan Ibrahimovic is likely to extend his time at AC Milan.

    Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano suggest the famous Swede is in talks to sign a one-year extension in Milan.

    The 38-year-old's agent is managing talks which are believed to be going well.

    And the news of a new deal is expected in the coming days.

  • CAST THE NET

    Leicester are reportedly on the hunt for Atalanta full-back Timothy Castagne.

    The Foxes are wary of Ben Chilwell leaving and although the Belgium ace is mainly a right-back he can cover the left.

    Calciomercato reports Brendan Rodgers' side are interested in the 24-year-old.

    He is likely to cost in the region of £20million but PSG are also interested in securing his services.

  • REV-AMP

    Ethan Ampadu is hoping to impress Frank Lampard enough to be involved in the Chelsea first team next season, according to reports.

    The Blues boss likes what he has seen from the young Welshman.

    And the 19-year-old wants to put another loan move on hold by forcing his way into the senior set-up.

    Ampadu spent last season with Bundesliga side RB Leipzig.

    But it did not work out as planned for the versatile teenager, who can play in midfield or defence.

    A “frustrated” Ampadu made just seven appearances across all competitions under Julian Nagelsmann.

  • OLD LADY ON TOUR

    Juventus transfer chief Fabio Paratici is reportedly jetting into London in a bid to sign Alexandre Lacazette or Raul Jimenez.

    Bolstering their frontline is thought to be a key area for the Old Lady this summer with the chief football officer heading to England with goals on his mind.

    According to La Stampa, via TuttoMercatoWeb, Lacazette is the primary target for Juventus.

    The 29-year-old has emerged as a candidate for the Serie A champions across the Italian media with certain outlets detailing a potential swap deal.

    Gonzalo Higuain, Douglas Costa or Cristian Romero are all reportedly on the table should Arsenal be content with an exchange proposal.

    A price tag of around £30million is thought to be placed on the Frenchman's head after 12 goals last season.

  • HAVERTZ LATEST

    Kai Havertz has told Bayer Leverkusen he wants to LEAVE, according to reports.

    Several outlets in Germany claim that the attacking midfielder has informed the Bundesliga club he wants out.

    Chelsea have reached impasse as the two clubs wrangle over an acceptable fee.

    According to Bild, the club are braced for Chelsea to make a formal written offer.

  • STORM BREWING

    Aston Villa and Newcastle are reportedly among SIX Premier League clubs hoping to land Liverpool star Rhian Brewster.

    The 20-year-old impressed after temporarily moving to Swansea in January – helping the Welsh side reach the Championship play-off semi-finals.

    Goal claim Liverpool have been encouraged by the striker’s progress and believe a loan to a Premier League side would be the ideal next step.

    Aston Villa are thought to be among the England starlet’s options following failed big-money moves for Wesley and Mbwana Samatta.

    Newcastle, Burnley, Brighton and Crystal Palace have all contacted Liverpool over Brewster, as have newly-promoted Fulham.

    While SunSport previously Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder wants to take him to Bramall Lane to add fresh legs and threat to his forward line.

  • STAY ANOTHER DAY

    Lucien Favre has told Jadon Sancho he wants the winger to stay at the club next season.

    Sancho is United’s top transfer target this season and has begun training with the Bundesliga club ahead of their season’s resumption on September 19.

    The Dortmund boss told Der Westen: “It is important that he stays with us.

    “That is of course also important for the team.”

Source: Read Full Article