Transfer news LIVE: Coutinho Premier League return CONFIRMED – Liverpool, Spurs, LATEST gossip and rumours – The Sun

TRANSFER NEWS is picking up with the domestic football season on the verge of reaching its conclusion.

The window is now OPEN and will close in October, following the restart of the new campaign on September 12.

Follow all the latest gossip and rumours below…

  • WILL GUNNER GO

    Chelsea expect Willian to join Arsenal on a free transfer… with the two teams meeting in Saturday’s FA Cup final.

    The Brazilian winger, 31, is set to leave the Blues after seven years at the club.

    According to The Guardian, Chelsea now anticipate him joining their North London rivals after they could not agree a deal.

    Arsenal, however, would need to stump up some hefty wages and be prepared to offer him a lengthy contract.

  • FAMOUS FIVE

    Chelsea star Willian has FIVE offers on the table, his agent has revealed.

    The Brazilian's contract at Stamford Bridge is set to expire after Saturday's FA Cup final.

    And amid links with the likes of Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur, the 31-year-old's representative Kia Joorabchian has revealed that there are so far five offers to choose from – including two from the Premier League.

    He told talkSPORT: “I don’t think he’s done a U-turn or any kind of turn, he’s always been very much the same mode.

    “We had big offers – one from MLS which required him to move on July 1 – but he’s always wanted to finish the season at Chelsea and the day after the season has finished he would decide.

    “He has two concrete offers from Premier League clubs on the table, an offer from an MLS club, and two other offers from Europe. He is going to make his decision after the last game of the season.”

  • BIG COU

    Philippe Coutinho wants a returns to the Premier League, according to his agent.

    Kia Joorabchian confirmed the news that the former Liverpool star is eyeing up a return to England.

    He told TalkSPORT: “It’s no secret he wants to come back to the Premier League.

    “It’s still very much open. There is a lot of genuine interest.”

    The Brazilian was previously linked with Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal.

  • However they are understood to favour getting him off their payroll faced with a financial downturn caused by the Covid-19 crisis.

    Respected France Football magazine has now claimed Al-Gharafa have made enquiries about the World Cup-winning midfielder.

    The Qataris are managed by Slavisa Jokanovic, the ex-Chelsea midfielder and former Watford and Fulham boss.

    Their squad includes former Aston Villa striker Jonathan Kodjia and ex-Wolves, Crystal Palace and Nottingham Forest midfielder Adlene Guedioura.

  • FAB NEWS

    Cesc Fabregas has been offered an epic payday to end his career with Qatari club Al-Gharafa.

    The former Arsenal and Chelsea star quit Stamford Bridge to join Monaco last year.

    Spain international Fabregas has since struggled to justify his £5.7million-a-year salary from the Ligue 1 club.

    He made 22 appearances without scoring as Monaco ended the season ninth in the 20-team league.

    Fabregas, 33, has two years left on his contract with the Monte Carlo club…

  • PAIN IN THE ARTH

    Furious Barcelona star Arthur is refusing to return to the club ahead of their resumed Champions League campaign next month.

    The Brazilian has already signed for Juventus ahead of next season – although remains a Barca player until September.

    But such is his anger at being “forced out” of the club by Quique Setien, that he is determined to never pull on the blue and red of Barcelona ever again.

    Sport report that Arthur did not want to leave Camp Nou, before sealing his upcoming £65million switch to Juve last month.

    Having been given a week off after the final league fixture, Barcelona players were due to report to training for coronavirus testing yesterday but Arthur did not turn up.

    It has emerged that the 20-cap international holidayed in Ibiza, before returning to Brazil – with no intentions of coming back to Barcelona.

  • UNITED WE SAND

    Manchester United are reportedly refusing to meet Dortmund’s £110million asking price for Jadon Sancho.

    The Red Devils had an £89m offer rejected for the 20-year-old England international yesterday.

    The Bundesliga side are holding out for £21m more – a figure that far exceeds United’s valuation.

    And The Telegraph report the Premier League club will refuse to pay that much but remain confident that an agreement will be reached.

    Dortmund return to pre-season training on August 10 and hope to have Sancho’s situation sorted by then.

    However, United “will not be forced into meeting some arbitrary deadline” by the German outfit.

  • THE GRASPED WINGER

    Crystal Palace will “listen” to offers for wantaway winger Wilfried Zaha this summer, according to reports.

    But amid strong interest from Everton and Arsenal last year, the homegrown hero handed in a transfer request at Selhurst Park.

    And while the Toffees baulked at Palace’s staggering £100million price-tag last summer, Zaha appears likely to finally be granted his move this time around.

    According to the Mirror, Zaha is now available at the “right price” – which naturally will have taken a hit at the hands of the coronavirus pandemic.

    Despite having upgraded Marco Silva for Carlo Ancelotti since last year’s interest the Toffees remain keen – with the Italian a big fan of the Ivory Coast international.

  • HOJ ABOUT THAT

    Tottenham are close to signing Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg from Southampton, according to reports.

    The Dane has been the subject of interest from North London, as well as Everton, for a number of weeks – with the latter having even lodged a £19million bid for his services.

    But it has emerged that Hojbjerg, 24, wants to join Spurs.

    And according to Sky Sports, the Lilywhites have opened their bidding at £15m.

    The Saints, however, are thought to be holding out for £25m for their former captain – who has just one year remaining on his contract.

    Tottenham could sweeten the deal by including full-back Kyle Walker-Peters, with Southampton hoping to make the 23-year-old's loan move permanent “for the right price”.

  • CAM RAID

    Manchester City are making a shock swoop to sign Cameron Coxe after he was released by Cardiff City.

    The 21-year-old full-back was deemed surplus to requirements by the Championship side’s boss Neil Harris.

    Now he is set to earn himself a dream move to the Etihad with Pep Guardiola keen to add him to his squad, according to Wales Online.

    City have watched Coxe several times over the past season and Guardiola is a big admirer.

    The star, born in Merthyr, had been frustrated at his lack of first-team opportunities under Harris.

    He had been searching for another club for some time as he ran down his contract.

  • GOOD MORNING FOOTY FANS

    Kai Havertz, Willian and the “new Cristiano Ronaldo” spearhead the latest transfer talk.

    Germany's hottest prospect, Havertz, 21, is reportedly pushing Bayer Leverkusen to tie up a deal before their Europa League clash with Rangers.

    And Brazil midfielder Willian, 31, could yet stay at Chelsea, despite their refusal to give him a three-year deal.

    Boss Frank Lampard is urging Stamford Bridge chiefs to find a compromise, amid interest from Arsenal, Spurs and, previously, Barcelona.

    The Gunners, though, could be hours away from celebrating the signing of Sporting Lisbon's 17-year-old Joelson Fernandes.

    The Portuguese striker has been compared to Juventus superstar Ronaldo.

    And Arsenal are reportedly willing to pay his £40million release clause – although not the £46m Atletico Madrid are demanding for Thomas Partey.

    Meanwhile, Manchester United have denied bidding £89million for Borussia Dortmund's Jadon Sancho – but still hope to land the England attacker, 20.

    Leicester missing out on the Champions League has boosted United and Chelsea in their pursuit of England left-back Ben Chilwell.

    And Brentford's £30m-rated winger Said Benrahma is reportedly being monitored by Lampard's Blues, Arsenal, Leeds and Leicester.

    Finally, Manchester City director of football Txiki Begiristain has admitted: “We have to bring in players who can improve our squad, but also it means that maybe someone can leave.

    “We have the Champions League, so we have to wait to move forward.We might have less time than ever — but enough to make changes.”

  • FOXES FEAR CHIL OUT

    Leicester's failure to secure Champions League football is set to cost them the chance to persuade Ben Chilwell his future remains at the club.

    Chelsea and Manchester United are interested in the England star.

    The Foxes had hoped to be able to offer top-level European football as a carrot to convince him to stay at the King Power.

    But their late-season collapse saw a top-four finish slip through their fingers with 23-year-old Chilwell’s two suitors making the cut instead.

    There would be more money on offer if Chilwell did push for a move but that is not the only factor in making his mind up.

    He also wants to cement his place as England’s first-choice left-back with the Euros looming — and Champions League football helps his cause.

  • FOXES FEAR CHIL OUT

    Leicester's failure to secure Champions League football is set to cost them the chance to persuadeBen Chilwell his future remains at the club.

    Chelsea and Manchester United are interested in the England star.

    The Foxes had hoped to be able to offer top-level European football as a carrot to convince him to stay at the King Power.

    But their late-season collapse saw a top-four finish slip through their fingers with 23-year-old Chilwell’s two suitors making the cut instead.

    There would be more money on offer if Chilwell did push for a move but that is not the only factor in making his mind up.

    He also wants to cement his place as England’s first-choice left-back with the Euros looming — and Champions League football helps his cause.

  • CITY MUST SPEND QUICKLY

    Man City director of football Txiki Begiristain believes they will have to move quickly to secure their targets for a summer rebuild, writes MARTIN BLACKBURN.

    Valencia’s £39million-rated winger Ferran Torres , 20, and Bournemouth defender Nathan Ake, 25, valued at £35m, are among the players boss Pep Guardiola has identified.

    The transfer window is now open but City’s plans are up in the air due to their involvement in the  Champions League next month.

    John Stones and Nicolas Otamendi’s Etihad futures are in doubt — and Begiristain admits some players may have to make way for new arrivals.

    He said: “We have to bring in players who can improve our squad, but also it means that maybe someone can leave.

    “We have the Champions League, so we have to wait to move forward.  We might have less time than ever — but enough  to make changes.”

  • KAI IN A RUSH FOR BRIDGE

    Kai Havertz wants Chelsea to tie up a deal with Bayer Leverkusen before his German side face Rangers in the Europa League next month.

    That's the claim from Sky Sports over the Blues' main remaining transfer target this summer.

  • ARSENAL 'AGREE TO PAY £40M JOELSON RELEASE CLAUSE'

    Arsenal are reportedly ready to meet Joelson Fernandes' £40million release clause.

    A Bola claims the Sporting Lisbon winger, 17, could become a Gunner in the next 24 hours.

    It’s said Gunners' chiefs are in Lisbon to “close an agreement” between Sporting, Fernandes and his agent Kia Joorabchian.

    They are aware of interest from Barcelona and Juventus.

    And Mikel Arteta wants his club to strike while the iron is hot.

  • PREM CLUBS QUEUE UP FOR BENRAHMA

    Brentford sensation Said Benrahma is reportedly being monitored by Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester and Leeds.

    The £30million-rated Algeria winger, 24, is battling to take Brentford up in the play-offs.

    But as Benrahma has arguably been the Championship's stand-out player, he is strongly tipped to be in the Premier League next season one way or another.

  • GUNNERS TIPPED TO 'SEAL JOELSON DEAL'

    Sporting Lisbon 17-year-old Joelson Fernandes is reportedly on the brink of joining Arsenal – a day after it seemed he would sign a new long-term deal with the Portuguese giants.

    Fernandes, dubbed “the new Cristiano Ronaldo” by some, has been a regular starter for Sporting post lockdown.

  • LALLANA 'EXCITED' TO SEAL BRIGHTON MOVE

    Liverpool title-winner Adam Lallana has posted a photo toasting his Brighton move.

    The England midfielder, 32, said he “couldn't be more excited… a club with ambition and hunger to match my own”.

  • NOU WAY I'M COMING BACK

    Arthur Melo has refused to turn up for Barcelona training after agreeing a move to Juventus.

    Sport claims the midfielder, 23, has returned to Brazil following the end of LaLiga.

    And Arthur has told Barcelona he will not return for their upcoming Champions League campaign after agreeing to join Juventus in a deal worth £70million last month.

    It’s said that Arthur did not appear for Barca training and scheduled coronavirus tests on Monday, sparking concern from coaches.

    After going on holiday to Ibiza after the end of LaLiga a week ago, it transpired Arthur had then taken a secret trip to his homeland.

    When confronted, the soon-to-be-Juve playmaker spoke with club officials over the phone and told them he would not be returning for the Champions League campaign.

    Barcelona were said to be infuriated and told Arthur he was in breach of his contract.

  • BAYERN LINKED WITH SPURS TARGET AARONS

    Bayern Munich are shock rivals to Tottenham for Norwich right-back Max Aarons.

    The 20-year-old has been outstanding despite the bottom-placed Canaries going straight back down after promotion.

    And Sky Sports Austria say Bayern are interested in the England Under-21 star.

  • CARLOS CAN BE NEW KOMPANY

    Sevilla's Diego Carlos is the latest candidate to become Manchester City's long-term replacement for Vincent Kompany at centre-back.

    The uncapped Brazilian, 27, follows names like Napoli's Kalidou Koulibaly, Inter star Milan Skriniar and Holland ace Nathan Ake, whose Bournemouth side have just been relegated.

    Carlos would certainly be cheaper than £70million-rated Koulibaly and Skriniar.

  • GUNNERS' WILL POWER

    Arsenal are still tipped to land 31-year-old Chelsea midfielder Willian – on a free transfer this summer.

    The Gunners have edged ahead of Sours and Co after the Brazilian confirmed Chelsea will only offer his a two-year contract, not the three he wants.

    And more reports today suggest Arsenal remain favourites to sign Willian.

  • TOO FAR A-PART

    Arsenal are reportedly unwilling to fork out £46million for Thomas Partey.

    The Atletico Madrid midfielder, 27, has been a key target for the Gunners as they look to strengthen in midfield.

    But journalist Saddick Adams reckons the price of his release clause is going to be outside of the Emirates club's range.

    And as a result, they may be forced to walk away from the negotiating table.

    That is despite reports earlier suggesting Partey would be open to making the switch.

    The Ghanaian international – thought to be Mikel Arteta's No1 priority – is delaying signing a new deal at the Wanda Metropolitano.

    But a distinct lack of funds could scupper those plans.

    It had been stated that Arsenal will have to either sell players to raise money, while a swap deal with Alexandre Lacazette was mentioned.

    Defeat in the FA Cup final next week would also mean there is no European football at the Emirates next season, another stumbling block.

  • HEND OF THE BRIDGE?

    Dean Henderson nis reportedly stalling on a new Manchester United contract amid interest from Chelsea.

    The Mirror claims Frank Lampard is ready to pounce for the £55million-rated Sheffield United loanee, who is seeking assurances on his Red Devils future from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

    It’s reckoned Henderson, 23, is wanted back at Old Trafford next season following some poor performances from David De Gea.

    United are said to be offering a new and improved contract as they look to secure the England hopeful’s long-term future.

    However, Henderson wants confirmation that he will be the club’s No 1 next term = whereas Solskjaer still sees De Gea as his go-to goalie.

    So that could open the door for Chelsea, who are looking to replace Kepa Arrizabalaga.

Source: Read Full Article