The NBA successfully finished the 2019-20 season amid the coronavirus pandemic and has quickly advanced to the 2020 NBA Draft.
It will be the league’s first virtual draft, with commissioner Adam Silver and deputy commissioner Mark Tatum announcing the picks live from ESPN’s headquarters in Bristol, Connecticut. Some of the drafted players are expected to join the broadcast virtually.
Originally scheduled for June, the draft was rescheduled to mid-October following the league’s COVID-19 delay. But it was pushed back again in September when the NBA and NBA Players Association agreed to reschedule it as part of a series of specific offseason dates that were moved.
The Timberwolves own the No. 1 pick after winning the lottery, with the Warriors, Hornets, Bulls and Cavaliers rounding out the top five. This year’s draft class isn’t as star-studded as last year’s, which saw Zion Williamson, Ja Morant or RJ Barrett go with the first three picks.
Many expect Georgia’s Anthony Edwards, LaMelo Ball or Memphis’ James Wiseman to come off the board first.
When is the 2020 NBA Draft?
Wednesday, November 18 at 8 p.m.
Where is the 2020 NBA Draft?
The event will be conducted virtually, similar to how the NFL and NHL held their drafts earlier this year.
NBA commissioner Adam Silver and deputy commissioner Mark Tatum will announce the first- and second-round selections from ESPN’s studios.
Where can I watch it?
The draft will air live on ESPN and live stream on the ESPN app.
2020 NBA Draft order
1. Minnesota Timberwolves
2. Golden State Warriors
3. Charlotte Hornets
4. Chicago Bulls
5. Cleveland Cavaliers
6. Atlanta Hawks
7. Detroit Pistons
8. New York Knicks
9. Washington Wizards
10. Phoenix Suns
11. San Antonio Spurs
12. Sacramento Kings
13. New Orleans Pelicans
14. Boston Celtics (from Memphis Grizzlies)
15. Orlando Magic
16. Houston Rockets (from Portland Trail Blazers)
17. Minnesota Timberwolves (from Brooklyn Nets)
18. Dallas Mavericks
19. Brooklyn Nets
20. Miami Heat
21. Philadelphia 76ers (from Oklahoma City Thunder)
22. Denver Nuggets (from Houston Rockets)
23. New York Knicks (from Utah Jazz)
24. New Orleans Pelicans (from Milwaukee Bucks via Indiana Pacers)
25. Oklahoma City Thunder (from Denver Nuggets)
26. Boston Celtics
27. Utah Jazz (from New York Knicks via Los Angeles Clippers)
28. Oklahoma City Thunder (from Los Angeles Lakers)
29. Toronto Raptors
30. Boston Celtics (from Milwaukee Bucks)
Share this article:
Source: Read Full Article