The Kansas City Chiefs (1-0) visit the Oakland Raiders (1-0) in a 4:05 p.m. ET battle of AFC West unbeatens. Oakland defeated Denver, 24-16, in a Week 1 home game. The Chiefs downed the Jaguars, 40-26, in Jacksonville.
Kansas City Chiefs at Oakland Raiders: Betting trends and tips
- New faces on both sides of the football have improved Oakland’s outlook with regard to protecting the quarterback and getting to opposing signal-callers. A Raiders defense that had 13 sacks in all of 2018 had three in the team’s win over Denver. A new-look offensive line kept QB Derek Carr upright, not allowing a sack while Carr went 22-of-26 passing.
- A year ago, KC was a plus-3 in turnovers in a 35-3 win at home. In Oakland, the Chiefs prevailed by seven (40-33). The game was within 10 for the final 10:41. Yardage and first downs were near-even; the Chiefs were a plus-2 in turnovers.
- The Chiefs have won three of their last four games in Oakland.
Need help with your fantasy football team?TheHuddle.com has your back. Creating champions for over two decades, this year it’s your turn to win! Subscribe now atTheHuddle.com; use code ” sbw15″ to take $15 off. Discount valid for first-time Huddle subscribers through 10/31/19.
- A fresh-legged Josh Jacobs ran for 85 yards and two touchdowns against Denver.
- The Chiefs are 1-4-1 against the spread over their last six games following a straight-up victory.
- Oakland is 5-1 ATS in their last six games on grass.
- With last week’s win over the Broncos, the Raiders are 4-0 ATS in their last four tilts at home.
- The over is 7-2 in the Chiefs’ last nine games and 4-0-1 in Oakland’s last five.
- The home team is 5-0 ATS in the last five meetings between Kansas City and Oakland.
- Both teams exhibited some solid game control in Week 1. The Chiefs scored on each of their first seven drives. The KC defense struggled a bit – adding that to Oakland’s better-looking offense will likely make for a lofty OU figure. The Raider offense took a 14-0 lead against Denver and Carr picked apart the Broncos the rest of the way.
Kansas City Chiefs at Oakland Raiders: Odds, betting lines and picks
Sep 8, 2019; Jacksonville, FL, USA; Jacksonville Jaguars defensive back D.J. Hayden (25) dives to try and tackle Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Sammy Watkins (14) during the second half at TIAA Bank Field. Mandatory Credit: Reinhold Matay-USA TODAY Sports
Sep 8, 2019; Jacksonville, FL, USA; Jacksonville Jaguars defensive back D.J. Hayden (25) dives to try and tackle Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Sammy Watkins (14) during the second half at TIAA Bank Field. (Photo Credit: Reinhold Matay – USA TODAY Sports)
Odds via BetMGM ; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list.
Lines last updated Thursday at 10:30 a.m. ET.
Kansas City 31, Oakland 24
Moneyline ( ?)
Oakland (+260) lands as a layoff. A move back to +300-310 makes the Raiders a secondary play to investigate
Against the Spread ( ?)
The Chiefs may be road-weary in anticipating a week-three home game against the Ravens. Oakland is 4-0 ATS (with outright upsets) over its last four contests as a home ‘dog. The Raiders (+7.5, -125) have some upside expected value.
Over/Under ( ?)
At 53.5, the OVER (-105) still makes sense. Two offenses that got off to a good start against defenses with question marks.
Want some action in this one? Place a bet at BetMGM now.
Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter at @SportsbookWire.
For more sports betting coverage, picks and tips, access all of the latest content at SportsbookWire.com.
NFL picks against the spread, Week 2: Will the Saints beat the Rams this time?
Ranking all 32 starting QBs for Week 2 in fantasy football
Florida State’s Tre McKitty explained why he lined up facing the wrong way on purpose
Browns fan who wasn’t at game claims team banned him for throwing beer on Logan Ryan
All 32 NFL teams’ 2019 defenses, ranked
Source: Read Full Article