Perfect for a posh Christmas! Waitrose launches Christmas 2021 range of 122 new products including vegan ‘lobster’ roll, a three fish roast and coffee and chocolate-infused cheese
- Waitrose delighted fans by revealing their Christmas 2021 range with 122 items
- UK high street favourite has a Three Fish Roast with Scottish salmon, cod & smoked haddock, Dry Aged Bone-in Sirloin of Beef Matured in Beef on offer
- For vegans, also a Jewelled Roast with a Fruity Centre – a savoury mushroom roast with sweet caramelised onions, chestnuts, a clove-spiced apricot centre
- Also among the delicious desserts on offer is the Heston From Waitrose Espresso Martini Chocolate Tort
Waitrose has delighted fans by revealing their Christmas 2021 range with 122 indulgent items including a delicious leg of lamb, vegan ‘lobster rolls, and sweet treats made by Heston Blumenthal.
Available in stores across the UK from the end of September, the upmarket supermarket is also offering Breaded Stuffed Olives, No.1 Truffle Prosciutto Crudo and Bloody Margaret Prawn Cocktail to get palates tingling.
For main courses, the UK high street favourite has a Three Fish Roast with Scottish salmon, cod & smoked haddock, Dry Aged Bone-in Sirloin of Beef Matured in Beef Dripping and for those keeping it traditional, Waitrose Duchy Organic Free Range Feathered Turkey Crown is also on offer.
What’s in the Waitrose 2021 Christmas range?
To begin. No Christmas gathering would be complete without a wonderful selection of canapés and our selection this year includes:
12 SAVOURY VEGETABLE PIES – VEGANThis delicious dozen is a mix of rich mushroom pies and creamy leek and vegetable pies, all made with light vegan puff pastry. £5
- Waitrose Breaded Stuffed Olives – perfect to spice up your antipasti board
- Waitrose No.1 Truffle Prosciutto Crudo – with pork from a unique breed of pig reared in northern Italy, matured for a minimum of 20 months and marinated with summer truffles
- Waitrose Bloody Margaret Prawn Cocktails – a contemporary twist on the retro classic, created especially for Christmas
- Pork & Game Pie. Outdoor-bred pork with venison and pheasant in rich hot water crust pastry, finished with a savoury bone stock jelly.
- 9 Mini New Yorker Style Pastrami Toasties. A twist on a favourite sandwich, filled with Cheddar and Emmental cheese, pastrami, mustard and pickles.
Centrepieces. Although tradition may call for turkey to be the centrepiece on the Christmas dinner, the trend for alternative mains will continue into this Christmas…
No.1 Dry Aged Bone-in Sirloin Of Beef Matured In Beef Dripping.Tender, succulent British beef, dry aged and matured in dripping for a real depth of flavour. Available from Waitrose Entertaining. £29.99
- Waitrose Three Fish Roast with Scottish salmon, cod & smoked haddock with a zesty lemon & dill butter
- Waitrose No.1 Dry Aged Bone-in Sirloin of Beef Matured in Beef Dripping for a real depth of flavour
- Waitrose Slow-Cooked Bone-In British Venison Shoulder served with a rich redcurrant and juniper jus – cooked low and slow for ten hours to give delicious flavour and making it a standout centrepiece on any Christmas dinner table
- Waitrose Vegan Jewelled Roast with a Fruity Centre – a savoury mushroom-based roast with sweet caramelised onions, chestnuts, a clove-spiced apricot centre with a crunchy, colourful garnish of apricots, cranberries, crushed chestnuts, sunflower seeds and pine nuts.
- Waitrose Duchy Organic Free Range Feathered Turkey Crown – great for those who want to stick with tradition but want an effortless centrepiece for delicious feasting
Cakes, Bakes and Desserts. Special celebrations always call for sweet treats and Christmas is no exception!
Heston From Waitrose The Giant Cracking Penny. Inspired by a childhood treat of chocolate coins glinting from the branches of the Christmas tree – a shimmering bronze Belgian chocolate shell surrounds rich chocolate mousse with hazelnut ganache, on a chocolate and hazelnut base. £20
- Waitrose No.1 Brown Butter Mince Pies with Courvoisier have a deliciously nutty flavour and make a tasty treat to leave out for Father Christmas on the 24th December
- For those wanting an Italian classic, the Waitrose Gianduia Torta Da Festa (which translates to ‘party cake!) has a hazelnut and chocolate filling, encased in bittersweet dark chocolate and is sprinkled with nibbed hazelnuts
- Waitrose No.1 Chocolate & Salted Caramel Melt in the Middle Pudding is the perfect indulgent dessert. It’s made with a rich chocolate sponge and has a centre of shimmering gold-lustred caramel sauce made with smoked Cornish sea salt
- For an extra special Christmas treat, Heston Blumenthal has created the Heston from Waitrose The Giant Cracking Penny – inspired by childhood memories of chocolate coins hanging from the Christmas tree, this shimmering bronze Belgian chocolate shell surrounds rich chocolate mousse with hazelnut ganache sitting on a chocolate and hazelnut base.
- Waitrose Vegan Winter Pudding – made with apples, blackberries, raspberries and blackcurrants, layered with bread, and soaked in a lightly spiced fruit sauce
Pass the Cheese! Step away from the traditional cheeseboard options and create one with a special Christmas twist.
Chocca mocha wensleydale. Creamy Wensleydale studded with chocolate-coated coffee nibs, and a dash of coffee liqueur. £3
- The Waitrose Chocca Mocha Wensleydale is studded with chocolate-coated coffee nibs with a dash of coffee liqueur
- For a standout dish that’s great for parties or as an after-dinner cheese, the Waitrose Baking Camembert with Garlic Doughball Wreath is ideal as a tear and share treat for guests to tuck into
- Cheddar With Caramelised Onion Chutney This 6 month matured sweet Cheddar is laced with a tangy caramelised onion marmalade for a moreish finish. Makes an attractive addition to a cheeseboard.
- Waitrose Baking Camembert with Truffle & Acacia Honey – rich and creamy cheese meets delicate honey and aromatic truffle
Festive Food To Go! For those that can’t wait until the big day to feast on the flavours of Christmas, we’ve got them all wrapped up in our festive sandwich selection.
Vegan no lobster marie rose roll. A vegan brioche-style roll with roasted king oyster mushroom, vegan Marie Rose sauce, semi-dried tomato and lovage. £3
- Waitrose Vegan No Lobster Marie Rose Roll – a vegan brioche-style roll with roasted king oyster mushroom, vegan Marie Rose sauce, semi-dried tomato and lovage.
- Waitrose Smoked Salmon, Egg & Truffle Sandwich – Scottish smoked salmon, free range egg mayo and mushroom and truffle sauce in light rye bread
- Waitrose The Club – a festive take on the classic club with turkey breast, Wiltshire ham Emmental cheese and a sherry & onion chutney in soft malted bread.
For vegans, there’s also a Jewelled Roast with a Fruity Centre – a savoury mushroom-based roast with sweet caramelised onions, chestnuts, a clove-spiced apricot centre on offer. While for a sweet treat they can pick up the Waitrose Vegan Winter Pudding – made with apples, blackberries, raspberries and blackcurrants, layered with bread, and soaked in a lightly spiced fruit sauce.
Those who aren’t eating plant-based can buy the Heston from Waitrose The Giant Cracking Penny. The treat is inspired by childhood memories of chocolate coins hanging from the Christmas tree, with a shimmering bronze Belgian chocolate shell surrounds rich chocolate mousse with hazelnut ganache sitting on a chocolate and hazelnut base.
Martyn Lee, Waitrose Executive Chef, told FEMAIL: ‘Just like everyone else, our team has had to find a new way of working, and we’ve spent the last 18 months developing the majority of this year’s Christmas range from our homes.
‘By trialling the products in our own kitchens, it gave us a new appreciation and understanding of how our customers will be juggling their own cooking times over the festive season.
Baking camembert with garlic doughball wreath. A rich baking Camembert and tear and share doughball wreath glazed with olive oil, parsley and garlic, with a caramelised red onion and sherry vinegar chutney. £6.50
‘I’m really proud of the innovative and exciting range that the team have developed for Christmas 2021 and I know that customers will love the products as much as we do.’
Also among the delicious desserts on offer is the Heston From Waitrose Espresso Martini Chocolate Torte.
The 620g, £12 dessert includes is made from rich and indulgent coffee and chocolate mousse, layered with salted caramel chocolate ganache and espresso martini-soaked chocolate sponge, on a crisp wafer biscuit base and is available from Waitrose Entertaining.
Boneless leg of british lamb with apricot & rosemary. A whole boneless leg of lamb with a fruity apricot and orange stuffing, beautifully garnished with dried apricots and rosemary. Available from Waitrose Entertaining. £22
No.1 Sicilian Orange Nocciolato Panettone. This rich, buttery panettone is made in Italy with Sicilian candied orange peel and Arancia Rossa di Sicilia IGP Sicilian blood orange paste. Finished with a sweet, crunchy, crackled hazelnut frosting, almonds and sugar strands. £14
Heston has also launched a giant cracking penny, inspired by a childhood treat of chocolate coins glinting from the branches of the Christmas tree.
The shimmering bronze Belgian chocolate shell surrounds rich chocolate mousse with hazelnut ganache, on a chocolate and hazelnut base.
‘Growing up, I remember hoping to find the lucky penny at the bottom of my stocking or the sixpence in the Christmas pudding, and we’d always have bags of chocolate coins hanging from the tree,’ Heston told FEMAIL.
‘These were the inspirations for the Giant Cracking Penny. I love contrasting the textures of chocolate, the snap and bite of chocolate straight from the fridge and the soft, smooth feel of melting chocolate.
Slow-cooked Bone-in British Venison Shoulder. A bone-in venison shoulder slow-cooked for 10 hours for delicious flavour, served with a rich redcurrant and juniper jus to make a standout centrepiece on any Christmas dinner table. £25
Pork & Game Pie. Outdoor-bred pork with venison and pheasant in rich hot water crust pastry, finished with a savoury bone stock jelly. £7.50
‘Crack open the crispy Belgian chocolate shell to reveal a sumptuous layer of chocolate mousse with hazelnut ganache sitting on a crunchy hazelnut and chocolate base.’
Christmas Brand Manager, Anni Ludhra-Gent, added: ‘Christmas is a really important time of year for our customers and they love to start planning months in advance, with searches on waitrose.com for panettones and Christmas puddings having already begun.
‘Whether we’ll be opting for smaller or larger gatherings with loved ones, indulging in delicious traditional foods or something with a festive twist, our selection will delight customers whatever Christmas 2021 may bring.’
Source: Read Full Article