SCORPIO is the 11th astrological sign of the zodiac – and the last water sign.
Those born from October 24 tend to be brave and passionate but can be stubborn and jealous.
* Read our horoscopes live blog for the latest readings
What are the Scorpio horoscope dates?
Anyone who’s born between October 24 and November 22 is a Scorpio.
The exact dates can shift by a day or two depending on the year, but these are generally the agreed dates which are commonly used throughout the western world.
The dates for the rest of the zodiac signs are:
- Sagittarius: November 23 – December 21
- Capricorn: December 22 – January 20
- Aquarius: January 21 – February 18
- Pisces: February 19 – March 20
- Aries: March 21 – April 20
- Taurus: April 21 – May 21
- Gemini: May 22 – June 21
- Cancer: June 22 – July 22
- Leo: July 23 – August 23
- Virgo: August 24 – September 22
- Libra: September 23 – October 23
Traits of a Scorpio
Passionate, determined and fierce, Scorpios are a force to be reckoned with.
They are easily one of the most intense signs in the zodiac but have a way of making you feel alive when you are around them.
Their assertive nature makes them natural-born leaders and, as a Water sign, they like to experience and express their emotions.
Beware though, they are extremely clever and cunning so they are hard to dupe and can be sceptical about everything.
Their magnetic nature means they constantly intrigue others and, when they turn on the charm, they can be impossible to resist.
When they fall for someone, they can fall hard – particularly as they are picky about who they let into their life and are protective of those who they are loyal to.
Strengths: mysterious, rational, intelligent, independent, intuitive, devoted, insightful, sensible
Weaknesses: suspicious, obsessive, complicated, possessive, arrogant, self-willed
Who are Scorpios most compatible with?
- Cancer – these passionate signs are ideally suited for marriage, with Scorpio’s passionate nature complimenting emotional Cancer. Cancer’s utter devotion wards off Scorpio’s jealousy.
- Capricorn – the sexual chemistry of this match is off the charts, with patient Capricorn complimenting Scorpio’s imagination.
- Pisces – Scorpio takes the lead when it comes to dreamy Pisces, and that makes Pisces feel loved and protected. Scorpio is more than happy to look after independent Pisces and their tendency to be indecisive.
Who are Scorpios least compatible with?
- Libra – although this can start off as strong mutual attraction, Scorpio’s jealousy will annoy Libra natives and can tempt them to be deceptive.
- Leo – often Scorpio is far too intense for light-hearted Leo, and in turn, Scorpio will be annoyed by Leo’s constant need for attention.
- Gemini – sociable Gemini is the polar opposite to private Scorpio, and their flirty nature will trigger jealous Scorpio.
Where does the Zodiac come from?
The Zodiac is the term used to describe the circle of 12 divisions of celestial longitude that are centred upon the path of the sun.
The 12 divisions share the names we know as our star signs.
The term zodiac derives from Latin zōdiacus – meaning "circle of animals".
Throughout history, the zodiac has been used to predict or echo characteristics of personality.
When is International Astrology Day?
Astrologers around the world celebrate their love of the stars on March 20 which is considered the start of the astrological year.
Former president of the International Society of Astrological Research Gisele Terry told Astrology Hub:
“Astrology is truly a global language.
“We are all under the same sky. Sharing both our common and diverse perspectives on how we relate to the stars is the gift of International Astrology Day.”
Source: Read Full Article