Will Mellor defiantly vows to avoid doing reality TV after Strictly

Will Mellor recalls losing his dad

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Will Mellor, 46, has put a stop to any rumours of him appearing on another reality TV contest show following Strictly Come Dancing. The Coronation Street actor is paired with pro dancer Nancy Xu, and has been impressing viewers and the Strictly judges with his routines each weekend.

The pair have been topping the show’s leaderboard on the BBC One programme.

However, despite Will’s success, the star insisted he isn’t particularly interested in taking his reality TV exposure any further.

Will said: “This is it for me. If you’re going to do one do the biggest one and I’m glad I’ve learnt a skill every week.

“I couldn’t sit on a show just waiting to be voted out, I’d rather at least learn a skill and put my hand to something and really get my teeth into it.

“I’m enjoying every minute of it and I don’t want to just be in a popularity competition, this will be it for me, I think,” he explained to The Sun.

It comes not long after the star expressed pride in his new body, which he explained his professional dancer wife “loves”.

The actor joked that he needs to ‘get his shirt off’ somewhere hot when his time on the dance contest comes to an end, to make the most of his fit physique.  

Speaking to The Mirror, he added that he’s the “fittest he’s been in years”.

He said his wife Michelle McSween definitely isn’t complaining about the transformation.

Addressing his fitter physique, Will told the publication: “My wife certainly doesn’t mind… I look good now.

“I’m 46, I’m not a young man anymore, but I feel the fittest I’ve felt in years. It’s really good.

“I might have to fly somewhere hot when this is all over just so I can get my new body out!”

Following Saturday night’s episode, Will admitted he was having a tough time receiving criticism from judges on the show.

He admitted receiving tough feedback from the panel feels like a “kick in the teeth” after Craig Revel Horwood broke down his routine.

Will revealed in an interview he was previously too “frightened” to sign up to Strictly.

It came after he was approached by bosses over the years, but he was “wary” of the impact the show would have on his two teenagers.

Last Thursday, Will appeared on This Morning alongside Nancy to discuss his Strictly journey so far.

The Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps actor shared with hosts Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield how “horrendous” it was to lose his father, Bill Mellor, to cancer.

The actor said Strictly has given his mother, Shirley Mellor, something positive to focus on, which is why he grabbed the opportunity to take part in the competition.

Reflecting on losing his father, Will began: “It was a horrendous time for me and my family, as anyone who has lost someone will know. 

“You’re left with memories and you know what, I just thought he lives in me now and I am just going to create memories.

“I am going to say yes to more things and I am just going to grab life and run with it, and do it in his name.”

Source: Read Full Article