Kevin Clifton hints Anton could replace Bruno permanently
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Kevin Clifton, 38, was joined by his sister Joanne Clifton, 37 on his podcast along with Strictly Come Dancing fans, to discuss the show ahead of its arrival on our screens. In the latest episode published on Tuesday, the former pro hinted that Anton Du Beke, 55, could become a permanent judge on the hit show.
who knows, like it does seem that Anton is making that step
He said: “I think for this season it is still a case of Bruno can’t travel between America and England every week like he usually does, so he had to make a decision on which one he was going to do: Strictly or Dancing with the Stars over in America.
“I don’t think it’s confirmed yet that this is a permanent thing but who knows, like it does seem that Anton is making that step.”
The Strictly fan talking to Kevin about this thought Anton would definitely be a permanent judge on the show.
He said: “All the pros believe Anton is now the new Mr Strictly.”
To which Kevin replied: “I can definitely see it happening that Anton becomes a permanent judge.”
While he still is an avid viewer of the BBC show, the former Glitterball champion is no longer in the show and was simply speculating.
He left to “focus on other projects” and is currently part of the Singin’ In the Rain Musical in the West End.
It was announced by the BBC on June 24 that Anton would judge this year’s Strictly, replacing Bruno Tonioli, 65.
Bruno, who has been on Strictly since 2004, cannot fly over from the US as quarantee rules from amber countries prevent him working on both shows.
The same day Bruno tweeted: “Sadly due to the current quarantine regulations and previous work commitments I will miss this year @bbcstrictly will miss you all and I am sure you’ll be AMAZING.”(sic)
Anton has danced on the show for 17 years, and previously enjoyed a two week judging stint last year.
He will be on the judging panel beside Motsi Mabuse, Craig Revel Horwood and Shirley Ballas.
Confirming the news Anton posted on Instagram and said: “I’m absolutely thrilled to bits to be joining these wonderful judges!!! Cloud nine, seventh heaven, over the moon… there’s nowhere better than a seat at that legendary desk!! Thank you @bbcstrictly – just the most tremendous news!!!! Much love, Anton XX.”
There is no confirmation by the BBC that Anton will be a permanent replacement, but that does not stop fans speculating.
One said on Twitter: “Petition to get Anton Du Beke as a permanent judge on Strictly the nation LOVE him #StrictlyComeDancing.”
A second tweeted: “Anton Du Beke is absolutely my favourite person in Strictly.
“I would like him to be given either better dance partners, or a permanent place on the judges chair.”
Likewise, the guest Kevin was speaking to on his podcast was adamant Anton would be a permanent fixture on the show.
Strictly Come Dancing is due to begin later this month on BBC One.
Source: Read Full Article