Summer wedding season is fast approaching, and whether you've got just one in the diary or you've been inundated with hundreds RSVPs, it's time to start thinking outfits.
Whilst white ensembles are obviously a massive no no, weddings are a great opportunity to experiment with colours and styles you wouldn't usually wear day to day.
Last year millions of us around the world tuned in to watch Prince Harry wed Meghan Markle and the fashion parade that came with it, so weddings this year have a lot to live up to.
Thanks to Meghan's second wedding dress (a stunning halterneck Stella McCartney gown), halterneck styles have seen a massive comeback. They are a huge trend for dresses this season, for both guests and brides.
Midi styles are also always really popular for wedding guests, but don't be afraid of opting for a shorter length, as long as it's not too revealing up top. If you need further inspiration, take a look at the outfit's we've styled…
Best wedding guests outfits for 2019
It's summer and florals are definitely the way to go. Opt for orange accessories to make your outfit pop.
- Austin Floral Daisy Print Angel Sleeve Midi Dress, £39, Topshop
- Magic Trick Toe Loop Strappy Sandals Fluro Orange, £69, Office
- Bali Orange Envelope Clutch Bag, WAS £25 NOW £20, Dune London
Broderie anglaise is the perfect lightweight summer fabric and neon is huge for summer looks this year, so you'll tick off two stylish trends in one.
- Neon Broderie Midi Dress, £65, ASOS DESIGN
- SAGE Black Multi Strap Mules, £29, Miss Selfridge
- Hard Case Clutch Bag, £37.50, Accessorize
Trend: Abstract prints
This is a great option if you want to wear a pattern without it looking too girly. The abstract design is both flattering and bold.
- Orange Pleated Stripe Fit and Flare Dress, £55, Roman Originals
- Blue Suede Mule Sandals, £45, River Island
- Fold Over Chain Clutch Bag, £19.50, M&S Collection
Trend: Metallic accessories
Go soft and romantic by opting for a pastel shade dress and a dose of edgy fun with metallic accessories.
- Lilac Madison Dress, £145, Ghost
- Blue Collection Tied Leather High Heel Sandals, £89.99, Zara
- Blue Collection Glitter Mini Crossbody Bag, £29.99, Zara
Trend: Fruity prints
When fashion gives you lemons – wear it stylishly! We love the fun prints for summer we've spotted on the high street and this lemon print dress is no exception.
- Lemon Bandeau Dress, £55, Oasis
- Black Satin Ankle Strap Covered Heels, £59, Charles & Keith
Round Messenger Bag, £29.99, Zara
Trend: Slip dresses
Go bold with this apple coloured print slip dress and clash with a monochrome animal print accessories to show off your wild side. Style this midi length dress with a cropped jacket so it doesn't swamp your figure.
- Apple Satin Bias Slip Dress, £39, Topshop
- Black Zebra Print Pointed Court Shoes, £40, River Island
- Crossbody Bag with Gold Ring, £19.99, Stradivarius
Trend: Flirty details
The soft frills of this wrap midi are perfectly romantic for a summer wedding. The wrap detail on this dress will make it super flattering and comfortable to wear.
- Pink Wrap Midi Dress, £45, Miss Selfridge
- DITA Strap Sandals, £29, Topshop
- Diamonte micro clutch bag with detachable strap, £22.42, ASOS Design
Pair pastels with white accessories for an uber chic look.
- Tweed Dress With Gem Buttons, £79.99, Zara
- Coro Boxy Grab Bag, £27, Topshop
- Square Toe Pumps, £65, Charles & Keith
- Satin halterneck dress, £34.99, H&M
- Mini Kensington S Bag, £129, Kurt Geiger
- Magick – Rose Gold Star Embellished High Heel Sandal, £95, Dune London
Polka dots are this season's must have print – and this mint hue is dreamy for summer (and will look incredible on tanned or darker complexions).
- Spot Ruffle Midi Dress, £46, Warehouse
- Yellow Beaded Grab Tote Bag, £25.99, New Look
- Heartbeat Cylindrical Heels, £49, Office
Trend: Bright colour pairings
A shift dress style is great for hiding lumps and bumps. Add a touch of drama to your outfit by ditching drab colours in favour of bold hues that scream summer is here!
- Lace Square Neck Midi Dress, £65, Oasis
- REDEMPTION Pink Sandals, £49, Topshop
- Zip Top Clutch in Neon, £10.12, ASOS Design
Trend: Clashing prints
It's all about clashing of prints to make a statement.
Pink Floral Tie Halter Neck Swing Dress, £36, River Island
Heartbeat Cylindrical Heels Black, £49, Office
Mini Leather Crossbody Bag with Tortoiseshell Strap, £49.99, Zara
Raffia doesn't have to be saved for the beach.
- Belted Double Button Front Midi Dress, £59, M&S Collection
- Beige Double Bow Raffia Mules, £49, Charles & Keith
- Chapel Straw Foldover Clutch, £55, Whistles
Trend: 60s inspired shift dresses
A shift dress style is great for hiding lumps and bumps.
- Printed Shift Dress, £39.99, Mango
- Orange Faux Croc Block Heel Sandals, £29.99, New Look
- Leather Mini Bag, £59.99, Mango
If your a bride looking for high street options for your big day you may want to take a peek at these best budget wedding dresses under £600 for 2019. We've also revealed all the expert bridal beauty hacks on how to look your best on your big day and
Source: Read Full Article